Sunday, May 01, 2005

In the name of the son ...

My parents were here at my place, staying with me for a couple of weeks ! And they were "taking care" of me ! Making food, arranging my clothes and things ..doing chores ... etc etc .. I told them ... probably these would be the last few days I would get to spend with them before my marriage ! ( I dont plan to get married any soon now anyways ! )

My father has this rather unusual habit of writing MY name on everything thats mine ... He writes my name on my books ( atleast in 3 places ), on my scissors , my pen , my clothes , my pillow , my bed sheet , my keyholder , my iron box , my TT racket .. phew ... you name it ... I have my name on it ! And Iam pretty annoyed of that !!! Sometimes I think its rather his fear of me loosing things, or maybe .. his fear of forgetting what his son's name is ! ( the name bears a constant reminder of who's who ! hah ! ) . And I told him to get over his unusual hobby ! but it was a little too late ... There are only a few things of mine that has escaped the torture of having to have my name inscribed on them !

No comments:

"Florentino is so in love with Fermina that he eats gardenias and drinks cologne so that he can know her taste. He becomes drunk on the cologne, and his mother finds him the next morning, in a puddle of his vomit, in a cove of the bay where drowning victims are known to wash ashore" - Love in the time of Cholera