Even in death, people can have a sense of humour ... epitaphs are their way of saying ... "Time for one last joke ? "
I never dedicated any serious thinking time on what I ( technically speaking, the mason) should be writing on my epitaph. I had a spark of thought and decided I would write ...
"NO REGRETS". Hmmm as of now ... that sticks.
Some good epitaphs I found on the net ..
- That's all folks! - Mel Blanc
- Here lies Johnny Yeast, Pardon me for not rising. - found in a cemetery in Ruidoso, New Mexico
- Here lies an Atheist
All dressed up
And no place to go.
- I TOLD you I was sick! --Epitaph of a hypochondriac. (lol)
1) Never call up your dad and talk .. "Hi Dad... I was just wondering what you wanted to be inscribed on your epitaph"
2) Never have this 'printed' on your epitaph "SHIT HAPPENED".
3) Dont make your tombstone really really light
... more 'DONT DO THIS' to come.