Sunday, April 20, 2008

What irritates me at workplace

1) I keep fogetting where I keep things and then when I buy a new one, all the lost ones pop up in front of me ! My stylus got misplaced twice . I bought a new one .. lost it .. and then got all three of them at the same time !! Whoa ! Murphy rocks .

2) People who leave their cellphones on their desks and go away for coffee .. ( Now why would you do that ?? ) and then it starts ringing indefinitely ! ( Its even more pissing off when its on vibrator mode + some weird mono-tone music on ! .. The old powerful sturdy Nokia mobiles have an earth shaking vibrator ! ( as if it can record upto 3.2 on Richter scale if all the phones ring at the same time. )

<-> My ex-girl friend never upgraded her old and powerful nokia for obvious reasons. ( now you know why she is ex- !! ( now thats a self-deprecating-joke ! )
<-> My workstation vibrates when my neighbours cell goes off )


3) People who sit next to me and blow their nose ( hard ) .. Dont they realise that its not very musical for your ears ! I dont even do this to irritate my boss. ( sometimes blowing your nose disgustingly in front of your boss can get you undeserving promotions ! )


4) Slow networks and low end workstations -
Its a wonderful feeling when you work in suspended animation .. you are not supposed to open more than 3 active windows / 4 internet links or turn on the sound. After every click, you wait for 7-8 seconds ... and if you are a little faster than that ... you get a blue screen or if lucky - a core dump !
Reminds me of Matrix and bullet speed.

"Florentino is so in love with Fermina that he eats gardenias and drinks cologne so that he can know her taste. He becomes drunk on the cologne, and his mother finds him the next morning, in a puddle of his vomit, in a cove of the bay where drowning victims are known to wash ashore" - Love in the time of Cholera