Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Why do I write ?

Almost all the people whom I email say that I write long and absurd mails .. but once you get the drift of it .. it seems as if Iam talking to them somewhere from a distant corner of cyberspace ... Its wonderful how you can express your thoughts in simple words ... writing somehow is a perfect way of bringing the world a step closer to you or taking you out to the world....
For me .. it just makes me feel good.

And when Rushdie was asked .. Why does writing make you feel beautiful ?
He said .."When you write, you write out your best self. Everything else drops away...."
How very true !!

No comments:

"Florentino is so in love with Fermina that he eats gardenias and drinks cologne so that he can know her taste. He becomes drunk on the cologne, and his mother finds him the next morning, in a puddle of his vomit, in a cove of the bay where drowning victims are known to wash ashore" - Love in the time of Cholera