Friday, March 23, 2007

Orkut - Whom did you meet today ?

Anybody who has been addicted to orkut can vouch - its something you will hate - sooner or later - but always will come back to .
For a socially deprived you, orkut gives your enough opportunities to feel good . Hundreds of random people to meet , and many more lost-and-found friends from your kindergarten.

A strong social statement, orkut style, makes you feel better .. atleast with those weird lines you write .. the weirder .. the better. ( Afterall ... thats the easiest way you stand out of the crowd )
I had my string of social experiments on orkut - and I found that mostly people trust one other - even if they have never ever met or even knew of their existence. Neverthless, orkut remains one of the fastest growing social networking too ... ( though hi5 and yahoo 360 have been around too .. Japan has its own orkut - mixi, which has gone public with share value doubling on its IPO day ! .. and lets not forget our very own fropper with its really vague ads on TV that makes me think that the world is the internet. )

Incessant 'thankings' to orkut ( and google) for bringing back old colly memories of my schooldays . - and not letting me get away from my old friends whom I still owe money. I hate orkut ... like everyone else ... but thats the first thing I do when Iam on the net .

No comments:

"Florentino is so in love with Fermina that he eats gardenias and drinks cologne so that he can know her taste. He becomes drunk on the cologne, and his mother finds him the next morning, in a puddle of his vomit, in a cove of the bay where drowning victims are known to wash ashore" - Love in the time of Cholera