Monday, March 02, 2009

Reading is discipline

Reading as a form of mental discipline .. is ( maybe ) the easiest way to self mutilation. There is this thin and hazy line that forms between what you are and what you want to be . ... I dont read much fiction ... I do love reading though ... I do love having books as company ... those lovely books to decorate my cupboards which helps me act scholarly ... those one-minute-books and those teach-yourself books. Face and soul savers.

I do remember meeting someone who was a book worm ( I hate this word ) . She did put me to shame with her unlimited usages of wonderful phrases which was amusing in the first-hear. I was ashamed being a fake.

1 comment:

Ashish Surana said...

hey man,

nicely written and agree with u !!

Keep blogging :)

"Florentino is so in love with Fermina that he eats gardenias and drinks cologne so that he can know her taste. He becomes drunk on the cologne, and his mother finds him the next morning, in a puddle of his vomit, in a cove of the bay where drowning victims are known to wash ashore" - Love in the time of Cholera