Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Price v/s Value

Offlate I have been "questioned" about my savings ( or the lack of it) . What did I earn ? What did I save ?
Probably nothing material. Probably nothing Ethereal . Probably everything was momentary. But given another opportunity to do so, I would do the SAME ... almost the very same.

Money has value; Things have price. Wants have a cost. Needs have a price. Desires have a value. Its so easy to get confused between everything .. there is nothing more stupid than to compare price and value.
A dinner at my favorite place with that favorite person/parents was worth many folds more than the cost of it. Thats value v/s price.

I wouldnt mind paying a fortune on something I really want.
I wouldnt mind investing my emotions on someone who is really worth it.
I wouldnt mind waiting patiently almost all my life for something thats valued really high by me. Sounds like my interpretation of the MasterCard Ad !!

But seriously ...
"Who wants to be cynic who knows the price of everything but the value of nothing ?" - Oscar Wilde

No comments:

"Florentino is so in love with Fermina that he eats gardenias and drinks cologne so that he can know her taste. He becomes drunk on the cologne, and his mother finds him the next morning, in a puddle of his vomit, in a cove of the bay where drowning victims are known to wash ashore" - Love in the time of Cholera